Prepare your visit
Rules and guidelies for visit to the Basilica of S.Clemente and the Excvations
On the day of the visit you must be present at the entrance 10 minutes before the time indicated on your Ticket.
It is the duty of each visitor to read these rules carefully before the visit, and to observe them for the duration of their visit.
- Due to the architectural structure of the Complex, the Excavations cannot be accessed in a wheelchair
- Photography and filming is not allowed in the Basilica and in the excavations. Staff may expel offenders.
- It is forbidden to bring in bulky objects (luggage, musical instruments …)
- Smoking is prohibited
- It is forbidden to bring in food and/or drinks
- At the time of booking it is expected that the visitor will have read, understood and accepted these regulations without exception.
Every violation will be brought to the attention of the competent athorities. Those who do not follow the rules may be required to leave the site.
GUIDED TOURS AND GROUP VISITS:
Guided tours of the excavations will be possible for groups made up of a maximum of 25 people (plus guide).
It is the responsability of the tour-guide:
- To ensure that the rules and regulations are observed
- To respect the time-duration of the visit (30mins)
The reservation is required.
Authorised guides are not required to make a reservation, however they must show their tour guide card on arrival.
The entrance to the site is from Piazza di San Clemente.